I'm spending 2017 getting to know some of the music by women that was missing from my education.
Here is the playlist, and I'll add links to blog posts about the project at the bottom of the page as the year progresses:
Track listing (newest first):
- Barbara Strozzi, ’Lagrime Mie’ from Diporti di Euterpe Op.7 (1658).
- Galina Ustvolskaya, Composition No. 2 Dies Irae (1973).
- Mari Kimura, Voyage Apollonian (2011)
- Undine Smith Moore - Afro-American Suite (1969) - I. Andante, II. Allegro molto e marcato, III. Adagio ma appassionato, IV Allegro molto e marcato. (These were uploaded as four separate videos, but will play one after the other in the right order in the playlist)
- Alice Mary Smith, Symphony in C Minor (1863)
- Maude Valerie White, 'John Anderson, My Jo' (1881).
- Elisabeth-Claude Jacquet de la Guerre, Céphale et Procris (1694)
- Kaija Saariaho, Laterna Magica (2008)
- Louise Farrenc, Symphony no. 3, Op. 36 (1847)
- Clara Schumann, Drei Romanzen Op. 21 (1853)
- Ethel Smyth, String Quartet in E Minor (1902)
- Nicola LeFanu, Moon Over the Western Ridge, Mootwingee, Quartet for Saxophones (1985)
- Lili Boulanger, Du fond de l'abîme (Psalm 130) (1917)
- Anna Bon di Venezia, Divertimento in D minor, Op. 3, No. 3 (1759)
- Maddalena Casulano, "Morir non può il mio cuore" (1568)
- Pauline Viardot Garcia, ‘Madrid’ (1884)
- Sofia Gubaidulina, In Tempus Praesens, concerto for violin & orchestra (2007)
- Florence Price, Sonata in E Minor, 2nd movement (1932)
- Francesca Caccini, 'Lasciatemi qui solo' from Il Primo Libro Delle Musiche (1618)
- Grace Williams, Sea Sketches (1944)